Friday, November 5, 2010

Why I heart the mail...

I have had a love affair with my mailbox for as long as I can remember. It all started when I was a small child, a trip to the post office meant a visit to grandma's (since she lived across the street). We would visit, watch The Price Is Right and have snacks. As I became a high school/college student, the mailbox became my communication between my long distance relationships. Now I look forward to the surprise that await everyday, freebies, coupons, or a magazine. However, the best thing to get in the mail, has been and will always be personal correspondence. That is why I love this time of year when we begin to get and send Christmas cards and letters. Some of my favorites are the photo cards that are available online, like shutterfly. They are so quick to order and convenient to do, that the hardest part becomes finding a decent picture to use!

Beside, Christmas...we have 2 other big events that I am planning on announcing with photo cards. The birth of our new baby girl and the move to our new house.

There are tons of adorable baby girl cards and prices are very reasonable. The more you order, the more you save too!



This is my favorite at the moment, but hey I am pregnant, so that could change quickly...


We have also moved 5 times in a little over 8 years...I think even the post office is confused at this point. So various friends and relatives have a variety of addresses despite my best efforts, some of which are no longer forwardable :( I am going to order and mail out this card ASAP, so I don't miss out on any Christmas cards this year.

By, the way, you can add your own picture and message...mine will say, "Write this address in your address book in pen, we are staying put here..." For more moving card ideas check out the link. If you know me personally, look for these cards in your mailbox soon! I also hope you will head over to shutterfly and work on your own holiday cards to send to me! If you are a blogger, check out this link to learn how to get 50 Free Holiday cards. Happy Holidays and let me know if you find the perfect card.

*Disclaimer: Unless stated, I receive no compensation for any of my posts, this post however is part of a shutterfly blogger promo, I will receive 50 free Holiday cards for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment