Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Store Secrets: Rain Checks

Last night, I finally got to look over my Albertsons ad and it is a good one. I am so sad that Albertsons will soon be bought out in Utah, because they have such great deals. I like to share them with you. In addition to the Quaker promo, there is another great promo. It is spend $10 get $3 off instantly. These are before coupons prices, so it is very easy to get down to just a dollar or two for $10 worth of items. Please look over this matchup list courtesy of pinching your pennies. PYP is a great resource for sale information. It can be a little tricky to follow everything on their "forums", but I love their coupon lists. It says "Utah" but everything should be pretty much the same for the entire Northwest.

So, now for the secret. With great sales like this, the shelves are often empty when you get there. What do you do now? Ask an employee if they have any more in the back or another part of the store, but if they don't get a rain check. Albertsons is great at giving these out, just ask your cashier as you check out. A rain check will honor the sale price after the sale. You can still use your coupons and get the great deals you were going to get. You have 30 days from when it was issued to redeem it.


Here is a rain check I got two days ago, just so you know what they look like. I have a feeling I will probably be getting another one for oatmeal, last year, they were all gone early. I know a lot of stores do this if they are out of stock, it never hurts to ask. So now you know another secret: take a rain check.

No comments:

Post a Comment